Welcome New Teacher - Mrs. Edwards
Welcome Mrs. Emily Edwards to CPS!
Please tell us about your family and/or people you enjoy spending time with outside of school.
My husband Ben and I have just moved back to Michigan from the mountains of Asheville, North Carolina. I grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio, but lived in East Lansing and Traverse City for a number of years prior to Asheville. My husband is from Greenville, MI and is a family medicine physician. We recently bought a house in downtown Charlevoix and live with our dog, two cats, and turtle.
What college (s) did you attend while preparing to become a teacher?
How are you spending your summer?
My husband and I are celebrating the completion of his residency program! We are headed to Scotland and Ireland for a vacation. We will be exploring my Scottish heritage by visiting the land of the MacLeods. We will also be organizing our house and getting settled before our jobs begin in August.
Please share your favorite childhood school memory.
I remember reading The Great Kapok Tree in second grade. My teacher, Mr. Mairon had us do a play and dress up as the characters in the book. We got to create the scenery and our costumes! I was the bumblebee who whispered into the ear of the logger who was going to chop down the trees in the rainforest. I also loved playing in the dirt and finding quartz in the rocks at recess!
What are two of your favorite things you are excited about as you begin to work for Charlevoix Public Schools?
I am excited about working with the greater Charlevoix community and tapping into its resources to do some project-based learning and citizen science projects. I am also very excited about the hardworking students and staff at Charlevoix Elementary and look forward to getting to know everyone.
What do you like to do on your free time?
I love to trail run with friends, my husband, and my dog. My husband and I also love to explore Michigan’s natural resources. For our honeymoon we backpacked Isle Royale. I always enjoy a good book and a hot cup of tea, especially at our family cabin in the Upper Peninsula.
<< Home