Rayder News: New CES Teacher Spotlight - Mr. Chris Isch

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

New CES Teacher Spotlight - Mr. Chris Isch




New Teacher Spotlight


Welcome Mr. Chris Isch to CPS!
Please tell us about your family and/or people you enjoy spending time with outside of school.
My wife Morgan and I just recently moved to Petoskey with our 4 month old baby boy, Declan. I originally grew up in the Kalamazoo area where the majority of my family still resides. After college, Morgan and I moved to Colorado where we have spent the last three years living close to the beautiful Rockies. After having Declan and a lack of water for three years, we knew it was time to move closer to home. We could not imagine a better place to start the next chapter of our lives.


What college(s) did you attend while preparing to become a teacher?
I attended Western Michigan University where I received my bachelors degree in Elementary Education. Go Broncos!!


How are you spending your summer?
Northern Michigan is the place to be during the summer!!! Our family is still settling into our new home and there are many projects to be done. Between projects, we cannot wait to get on the water, enjoy some of the local festivities, and explore the beautiful area. We are looking forward to spending more time with our families as it is pretty convenient no longer living halfway across the country. I am also hoping to get some fishing and hiking in before the summer is up!


Please share your favorite childhood school memory.
My favorite childhood memories were all made on the lake. Our family had a cottage on Gun Lake and we would spend our entire summers in or on the water. I can clearly remember my uncles teaching me to barefoot ski at a very young age and fishing for bluegills with my grandfather and younger brother early in the morning. If the fish weren't biting, my grandfather would always say, "Christopher, you're not keeping those worms the right temperature.”  These are the memories I want my son to grow up with. I cannot wait for the day I can utter my granddad's words to Declan as we wait for the first bite.


What are two of your favorite things you are excited about as you begin to work for Charlevoix Public Schools?
My family and I are excited for the opportunity to work in a very tight knit community. We have already been welcomed with open arms by so many. I am also excited to get to know the students!!!  I truly am passionate about teaching kids and cannot wait to contribute to their education!


What do you like to do on your free time?
My free time is primarily spent with my family. My wife and I enjoy everything the outdoors has to offer. While in Colorado, we loved to hike, snowboard, and explore the backcountry. While in Northern Michigan, I cannot wait to get back on the water to water ski and fish again! I am also looking forward to getting back on my snowboard. I enjoy almost every type of music and have enjoyed playing many different instruments over the years. Music has also allowed me to travel across the country and explore many different cities.